Summer is here during the state's annual Vermont Days. June 12th and 13th, enjoy free admission to some of the best that Vermont has to offer with access to state parks, museums, and state historic sites. If you've been waiting to check out some of Vermont's heritage, now is your chance! For a list of what's included, read on:
- FREE ENTRY TO STATE PARKS
- Access more than 50 state parks for FREE this weekend! Enjoy some time in the great outdoors with family and friends. About a dozen of those can be found right here in Rutland and Windsor counties, so your next outdoor adventure may be closer than you think! Some of the closest options will have you out there hiking, boating, swimming, or whatever else strikes your fancy. Some parks even offer universal accessibility, so everyone in your group can join in. For an interactive map of which parks are included and their amenities, go here: https://www.vtstateparks.com/
- FREE ADMISSION TO VERMONT HISTORY MUSEUM
- This offer is only valid on Saturday, June 8th. The museum is in Montpelier, and takes you on a journey of discovery through Vermont's unique and exciting history. For location, hours, and additional information, visit the museum's web page HERE
- FREE ADMISSION TO VERMONT HISTORIC SITES
- Explore Vermont's history exactly where it happened, and discover the role Vermont has played in the history of our Nation. Though some sites are closed this year due to lingering Covid safety precautions, you still have 3 participating sites to choose from across the state. You'll find a wide range of educational, interactive, and kid-friendly exhibits. Learn about the first Europeans in the area, our fight for Independence, the American presidents, and more! For a complete listing of included sites and their specific details, visit the directory HERE
- FREE FISHING DAY
- This offer is only valid on Saturday, June 12th. Grab the kids and grab some poles - you're going fishing, no license required. Check out our 10 tips on making your fishing day a success. There are dozens of great fishing spots to choose from, with more than 30 in Rutland and Windsor counties alone. Whether you're a serious angler, or just trying it out, there are great spots to check out for people of all abilities and for boats of various sizes. CLICK HERE to find great places to fish.
Take advantage of this annual chance to check out some of the many things that make Vermont great this weekend!
🌸 🌸 🌸
Looking for more family fun around Rutland and Windsor Counties in VT?
Sign up today for our FREE Rutland-Windsor Macaroni Kid newsletter so you never miss a thing!
Macaroni Kid Rutland – Windsor strives to enrich the community and help you find your family fun by providing a FREE kid-friendly events calendar. You can also become an insider and receive our calendar, plus craft ideas, recipes, and much more by subscribing to our FREE weekly e-newsletter. Macaroni Kid Rutland – Windsor is published by a local mom who lives and raises her children in the area.
Thank you for your support!