Tis the season for hearts, and this is an easy craft kids of all ages can do. These would make great homemade Valentine's Day cards, wall art, or keepsakes for family too!
- Cardstock or heavy paper (2 pieces)
- Stamp pads, water colors, or craft paint
- Scotch tape
- Wipes or wet towel (for messy fingers)
- Cut a heart out of one piece of paper
- Fold a few pieces of tape in half and tape the heart to the center of the second piece of paper
- Select two or three colors
- Start with the lightest color first, and make fingerprints all around the heart
- For best effect, be sure to overlap onto the heart itself
- Do fingerprints close together and overlapping near the heart, and more spread out as you get toward the edge of the bottom paper
- Repeat using the 2nd and 3rd colors, using less of each
- Carefully peel the heart cut-out off of the bottom paper
The finished product is a colorful card perfect for the season. Have fun playing with different color combinations, and try other cut-out shapes throughout the year!
🌸 🌸 🌸
Looking for more family fun around Rutland and Windsor Counties in VT?
Sign up today for our FREE Rutland-Windsor Macaroni Kid newsletter so you never miss a thing!
Thank you for your support!